Savannah cats are a cross between various cats breeds and an African wild Serval.
There is no denying the fact it is one exotic pet, but you need to ask yourself if it is the right animal for your house.
In this post, we provide you with a complete overview of the Savannah cat with all the information and facts you are searching.
So, how much are savannah cats? More on this later.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is SBT Savannah?
- 2 Factors Determining the Savannah Cat Cost
- 3 What To Consider Before Buying
- 4 How Much Does a Savannah Cat Cost?
- 5 Conclusion
What Is SBT Savannah?
SBT is short for Stud Book Traditional. It merely indicates the cat bred down through the Serval, just like the F3 class.
However, it should be over four generations eliminated from serval, allowing for breeding with Savannahs, not domestic cats. It is pure and only will have serval parents.
The benefit of SBT type Savannah is, in fact, they are highly predictable in ways they will end up since you can understand more about their ancestry.
Factors Determining the Savannah Cat Cost
Savannah cat price is higher than any domestic breed because it is hard to find. Let us not forget the popularity is very high too.
The cost will vary based on factors including:
Breeders will impact the value range of every savannah kitten as one rate can vary from another. Most breeders will sell their young kittens along with their initial vaccines set either neutered or spayed or with the no-breeding contract.
When thinking of buying a Savannah, you often will encounter numbers and letters paired (for example F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, etc.).
They have got the most significant percentage of African wild Serval. They could have up to 50 percent Serval with them.
They have an average of 30 percent Serval mix.
They got average of 19 percent Serval mix.
They typically range around 15 percent Serval mix.
They are nearest to domestic pets, and they have 11 percent Serval mix.
Also, genders will matter. Female ones will be more expensive compared to the male ones because they can use for reproduction and mating.
The more free stuff (like free veterinary checkup), it is possible the final amount is more than the rate it must be.
Also, it matters since one city or state can have diverse amount level.
In case, you are planning to get this animal you have to perform your research first.
- Often hide out a lot, particularly if they do not recognize the person.
- Out of every generation, F1s will have the wildest serval involved in them.
- Measure 20-25 inches tall plus tend to weigh as much as 25 pounds.
- Tend to get more social as they are domesticated.
- Typically weigh 15 to 24 lbs and could be like the F1s, maybe slightly shorter.
- These cats are more loving plus do enjoy focus and to sit in laps.
- These are probably a good option for the family which has kids.
- Weighs around 13 to 19 lbs and can appear identical to a typical house pet.
- The F4s are enjoyable for complete family members and loves particular attention.
- Will weigh same like an F3 yet the most visible differences in such are in length, shape, and height.
- Same like the F4s but will consider the most “domesticated” out of the bunch. It is known for loyal, intelligent and will want to get involved.
The excellent video below merely shows how playful and affectionate this animal.
What To Consider Before Buying
- In the U.S, the laws differ according to districts. It is essential to know there are laws which govern these cats ownership. Prospective owners ought to check their state bi-laws before buying one.
- Well-trained, most of those will get together with other dogs, cats, and little ones.
- Most people desperate to welcome a Savannah to their household will need to get F4s or higher.
- Savannahs could come in different colors, yet they are mainly known for their dark spots. Typical coat colors are black, snow, silver, and smoke.
- These cats are known to remain silent. Nevertheless, this breed needs great care and not suggested for people having hectic schedules. Buyers are motivated to spend a roughly 10 to 15 minutes several moments a day.
- You can attempt finding a nearby animal rescue hub and check whether there are rescued Savannahs available. They usually range from $150-$400, as well as kittens from $100-$200. There is no reason paying almost $20,000 if you could spend much less and contribute towards a great cause.
- Regular grooming highly advised for it because they often shed easily.
How Much Does a Savannah Cat Cost?
The savannah cat cost ranges from $1,000 to $20,000.
Prices are higher for cats which are only 1 or 2 generations taken out from Serval. It merely means the lower percent of Serval, the affordable the rate.
- Female F1 Savannahs are about $15,000 – $20,000 while an F1 male kitten price is around $12000 and will go as high as $16000.
- Female F2 Savannahs costs about $4,000 – $9,000 while F2 male kitten cost is approximately $4,000 – $8,000.
- Female F3 Savannahs ranges from $1,000 – $4,000 while the F3 male from $1,500 – $4,000.
- Female F4 Savannahs ranges around $1,000-$2,500 while a F4 male from $1,000-$2,500.
- Female F5 Savannahs typically ranges around $1,000 to $2,500 while a F5 male rate can span from around $1,000 to $2,000.
The below list in our chart is the standard pricing of Savannahs from first to the final generation.
|Savannah Generation||Serval Percentage||Male Cost||Female Cost|
|F1||50%||$12,000 to $16,000||$15,000 to $20,000|
|F2||30%||$4,000 to $8,000||$4,000 to $9,000|
|F3||19%||$1,500 to $4,000||$1,000 to $4,000|
|F4||15%||$1,000 to $2,500||$1,000 to $2,500|
|F5||11%||$1,000 to $2,500||$1,000 to $2,500|
What Are the Extra Costs?
These cat hybrids like a good crack at their buyer’s expense.
- Consider the medical, water ball and food, and shelter expenses. Plan on spending a minimum $300-$500 per year to a healthy pet.
- In case, you are about to order from breeders, make sure to request what has done and plans for these extra expenses.
- A veterinary visit is always needed, and it will make sure the health and safety of the cat.
- Because of their high levels of energy, it is essential the cat got enough space to exercise and roam.
- For those who buy from breeders online or overseas, shipping charge can range between $300-$450 or higher. However, it depends on the shipping method that chosen and how long they are getting shipped.
As you could see, the prices can reach well into 1000’s of dollars, which makes it among the costliest cat breeds on globe. The connection you develop along with your Savannahs will fascinate and amaze you to the end.
So, these were things to take into account while owning serval animals as pets! Hope your question on how much are savannah cats got cleared.
Join on the discussion using the below comments section. In case, this guide was helpful, why do not you share it?